aaa Supernova Cross Mod??? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova Cross Mod???

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             10-Feb-98  @  09:12 PM   -   Supernova Cross Mod???

steve_hunt

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

From the panel of the Supernova, it seems that there is no oscillator cross modulation possible. Can this be so? Ho wcan I sound like Keith Emerson's GS1 without Xmod??? I know - buy a GS1 !! (Or even a JP8000...)
Please tell me I'm wrong.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             12-Feb-98  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: Supernova Cross Mod???

Phill

My understanding is that the GS1 is essentially an analoge synth,

it performs FM by having ouragoeus LFOs that can produce FM FX.

Supernova will be able to dulicate effects like the intro to "Pirates" or "Fanfare for the common man" by ELP without difficuty. by using LFOs atr audio rates like the GS1.

Cheers,
Phill @ Novtion

Message 3/6             13-Feb-98  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: Supernova Cross Mod???

steve_hunt

You're right!
I've tried it on my Prophecy using the modulating oscillator at a fixed (low audio) frequency and, bugger me, it works.
If you email me a short wav file of a Supernova doing a few notes with this sound I'll buy one and that's a promise.
Steve

Message 4/6             15-Feb-98  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: Supernova Cross Mod???

Phill

I used to work for KORG Inc Japan and was involved in the development of the Prophecy.
The Proph & other currently available synths as well as "Classic" analogue synths all suffer from the same problem, Lumpy LFO's. Stretch em and they crap out. Typical updates are 4 -10 milliseconds which accounts for an equivalent sample rate of not very much. We have focused on liquid audio rates providing real time control with no digital lumps. I have been messing around with our prototype today and I think there is nothing quite like the Supernova for "Real" not "Virtual". We are not satisified with anything but "Real". Belive me when I say it's awsome!

Cheers Phill>

Message 5/6             17-Feb-98  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Supernova Cross Mod???

steve_hunt

I want to have it's babies.
Gimme gimme!
When is it really available?
What support/update in a few months when you fix/update /improve it or should I wait? Always nervous of first versions (I develop complex software products myself...)

Message 6/6             18-Feb-98  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova Cross Mod???

Phill

It will probably be available in late March/April in the UK. It's lookin better by the moment. Thanks for your enthusiasam. We are confident that it will deliver what people like yourself wants.

Cheers Phill

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)