aaa is the mu80(90) good for trance/house? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: is the mu80(90) good for trance/house?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             07-Jun-97  @  12:25 PM   -   is the mu80(90) good for trance/house?

shay_f

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi all
i currently have an awe32 soundcard and i'm planning on buying a
midi module to expand my possibilites.
i'm mainly intrested in house/trance music and i'm looking for a
good while not TOO expensive module with electronic sounds in...
i was thinking on buying a yamaha mu80(or 90) for the synth parts,
while using the awe32 for the sampler it is...
is it a good solution?
can you do special effects (filter cutoffs and such) with this
setup?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             11-Jun-97  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: is the mu80(90) good for trance/house?

Well, i think mu80 will be enough for you, but if you interested in realy cool sounds, try to buy a realy analogue synth or digital representation of it's functions(Nord lead for example). And about AWE... It's too noisy(i mean signal to noise ratio) and syntheziser is cheap, if you think about sampler on card, try Turtle Beach Pinnacle or AVM Apex (they both have Kurzweil MASSies chipset, channalized fx processor, filters controlled via CC, and 20 bit with 90db).

Message 3/3             11-Jun-97  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: is the mu80(90) good for trance/house?

Ok.....maybe this person cant afford 1000 plus for a synth & another 500 for a sampler/soundcard.....get a DB50xg, with the XG edit Software......it is the same chip as the MU80....and the db50xg is very cheap...just get the xgedit software & you're flying...all the parameters are editable, including individual FX sends and even the fx can be edited....very good little synth...has all your cheezy organ sounds, synth sounds etc etc.plus sawtooth sine triangle and square wave stuff for filtering.....The card & edit s/w will cost a max of £ 129.....if you have some dosh left over & are using something like cakewalk pro audio, then try also to get a cheap secondhand novation basstation....the new basstation2 is out now, so the old basstation is dropping in price retail to £ 220.....so I dont see why you couldn't get one in the small ads for about £ 180 ish......they are very good, and would compliment the DB50XG very well, plus you could create audio parts recorded to cakewalk audio tracks and then re-set the basstation to play a lead line or something from midi in the final mix....the basstation will give you a good compliment to the stuff on the DB50XG......

The awe will do your stuff fine, then you can grab that Wavesurgeon software which is very cheap to register...less than 20 quid, it will create awe32 soundfonts from audio parts, etc etc...read the review & download it...also, if you look in the www samples section, there's a link to a site with complete awe 32 909 kits etc etc.....go for it.!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)