aaa That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?) - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             02-Jul-97  @  08:24 AM   -   That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

david

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm looking for some samples or idea's on getting that sound that Insomnia uses.
My equipment list is a QS300, Roland M-dc1&
a AWE64 gold .
Thanks
David Teren

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             02-Jul-97  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

SASHTRAY

IT'S A YEUCKY SOUND ANYWAYS!!

Message 3/13             04-Jul-97  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

kilo

maybe try a pizz string patch with a clavinet patch blend going thru a gated reverb, and distortion then thru a bigger reverb

Message 4/13             08-Jul-97  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

TRY SOMETHING ORIGANAL.....why bother copying other peoples shit , create yer own , your as bad as all these stupid fucking rap artists taking slices from old school classics and making them sound like a bag of shite!!!!

GOD MAN ....sorry kilo , diddnt want to abuse your pages  

Message 5/13             08-Jul-97  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

kilo

that's alright matey...it's a free world, and this is never going to be run like a corporate site, regardless of how many people come here, or whether we are reviewing gear for companies.....however....
some people want these sounds I guess....

as for rap & samples.....well if you knew your music history, in terms of the development of rap, then you'd know it started with a DJ & decks, and a voice....NO samplers in site !!....it's the whole style, from Kevie Kev pinching "All night long" (waterbed love 1982), to Coolio & Stevie Wonder samples....(gangsters paradise 1996).

Message 6/13             09-Jul-97  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

point proved , thanks ;) ....still hate rap music though,its a bunch of guys just talking over someone else`s tune, thats all it appears to be for me, now get a talented vocalist in with the tune , and there starting to earn my respect, but otherwise there not creators of music
there just theives (maybee i should open a new topic here)
;)

Message 7/13             14-Jul-97  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

david

Thanks anyways,,.,.,.ha,.ha.,.,ha.,.,

Message 8/13             14-Jul-97  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

KILO

Well David.....go for it.......it's definately got a stack of gated reverb on it....try the patch i said above, it might get near....

Message 9/13             06-Aug-97  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

krispy

I read in this months future music, the actual sound is
called Pizzagogo, and it comes from the Roland D-50....

Message 10/13             06-Aug-97  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

Kilo

there ya go.......try some pizz string sound with a big gated reverb.......

Message 11/13             22-Aug-97  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

kilo

er.................

Message 12/13             02-Oct-97  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

encore

The Pizzicato sample is from a JV1080.

Message 13/13             02-Oct-97  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: That Insomnia & Sash Sound (pizzicato?)

I will rip it from my friend's JV!
Just so you'll know.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)