aaa Alesis NanoBass - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Alesis NanoBass

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             29-Aug-97  @  12:30 AM   -   Alesis NanoBass

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know how it sounds?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             29-Aug-97  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

nimanda

As far as I know it’s a stupid sample-playback machine.
why stupid? because it’s 64voices. How needs a 64 voice bass module?????? stay away from it (I state that this is only my opinion though) but bass should be faaaaaaaaaat!
Check out the SE-1 from studio electronics it’s FAT, totally analog, no virtual stuff on this baby, expensive though

Message 3/10             29-Aug-97  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

kilo

well, it is a simple box rammed full of bass sounds taken from the Q series synths.......agreed, the plyphony is a bit over the top, but that is surely a consequence of simply transfering the chip from another unit.

I aint tried one, but the SOS review simply stated it has stacks of bass sounds, easily obtainable without loads of editing.....and that usually there is a bass sound quickly available for any style you want, from deep subbasses, hip hop solid basses etc to acoustic basses and everything inbetween.......For me the price was more the beef.......it comes in in the UK at about 340 quid.....so no doubt the big stockists like Turnkey will be bunging it out for around 320 or whatever..........I feel that whilst that may be a realistic price for such a new unit, the same money will buy you a secondhand sampler......which may be more usefull in the long run........However.......check it out maybe if you have a lot of kit yet seem to be lacking a selection of bass sounds, or you have some dosh to loose, and you're tired of having to try to edit stuff you already have to create contemporary bass sounds....maybe then it's worth it......I tghink they should have made it 8 note poly, and about 199 quid !!.......

Message 4/10             29-Aug-97  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

Kilo

oh yeah........It is only 64 note if it is utilising a single osc' patch....however, if you go for a 2 or 4 layer sound, then it drops to 32 or 16 note poly.......so there's the reason.

Message 5/10             13-Sep-97  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

its seems cool to me  

Björn

Message 6/10             16-Sep-97  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

kai.daguerre

Its great for acoustic and other 'natural' bass sounds, which a lot of dedicated bass modules don't provide (the squelchy synthy ones are pretty good too,)

Carlsboro retail quoted me a price of £250

I'm getting one....

Message 7/10             07-Oct-97  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

cantwell

I got one a little over a week ago and love the sound. The biggest gripe is lack of multitimbrality, but hell, I paid US$250 for it. It has some great sound, no worries about dropping notes considering its polyphony, and a few decent effects for each sound when you run it off of MIDI. There's no battery-backed RAM, but you can get in and edit sounds as well from the base waveforms - or at least in theory... I'm actually searching for a program which will let me do that...

Message 8/10             08-Oct-97  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

kilo

er.......the SE-1 unit costs over a grand mate, whereas the Nano is only as quoted above, as low as 250 quid...........tell you what.......why not get instead of the crappy nanobass an emu E4K....they are only about 4000 quid...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9/10             08-Oct-97  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

cantwell

Exactly. You have to make sacrifices when you're getting started - in this case, I still feel the greatest sacrifice is multitimbrality. But hell, you can just take samples of whatever length with whatever effect, and use those, too... The answer to multitimbrality with everything else...

Message 10/10             10-Oct-97  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Alesis NanoBass

the SB is $900 the SE-1 is $1200..... sorry man but I will definitely pay $300 more for those specs. and those sounds. you can take a SB and a Pulse + your best orgasm and you still cant come close to the SE-1 sound

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)