aaa keyboard wars vs computer wars - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: keyboard wars vs computer wars

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             03-Oct-97  @  06:43 AM   -   keyboard wars vs computer wars

shad

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

You know, it makes me laugh the way there is so much keyboard/instrument bashing going on - too may bigots. It has been happening in the computer world for so long - spectrum vs commodore 64 - amiga vs atari st - mac vs PC. What came of all that computer war bullshit - wasted time. Those that engaged could have spent their time productively rather than bashing other peoples computers. I grant that some computers were better spec'd than others - but when it comes down to it, each model was good at something others were not ( with some exceptions of course - some computers were plainly shit).

Being new to the dance/techno/house etc.. production scene I see it all over again. Your keyboard/sampler etc.. is a personal thing. If it suits the way you work and allows you to be creative - great!!! Don't be discouraged by other people bashing youre setup - they probably just have some sort of inferiority complex and need to believe they have the equipment designed by the GODS. Tell them to F**k off and stay on track by being creative and productive. And if you do come around to realising that your equipment is not up to scratch, or there is some other out there that will enhance your creativity, work towards getting it and look back positively on what you learned from your exisiting equipment

paul. (shad) - from the Sky Underground

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             03-Oct-97  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

Satan

Thanks for the info.Everybody, Shad has spoken as
Shas knows best. You are not alllowed to voice a
criticism on this site anymore as Shad has spoken from
his mountain top. So if a manufacturer releases a
product with a glaring fault please don't warn any
potential buyers via these pages as the mighty Shad
has deemed this to be a sin against all mankind.
Thanks Shad!

Message 3/10             03-Oct-97  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

kilo

whoooah Satan..... I thought as master of the underworld, you'd be above that type of sarcasm !! :-)

Shad has a point, yet so do you...... it's great to read peoples opinions about kit, and also it's up to the user to get tyhe best from what you have......just remember an opinion is an opinion, and specs are spec's !!.......

I have a big old pc system, yet still love & use my old 1040.... they are wicked !!

I turn out great music with a cheap 1mb sampler, even though I have the K2000...... you dont need a massive great sampler, but if you have one, great !!......

All you really need is..... a sampler (even a 1mb older 12bit model is great)....some type of analog styled synth such as a Pulse, Basstation, whatever.... a digital poly/multi synth (a db50xg upwards)...and also if possible, I think it's great to include an old Yamaha FM module or keyboard such as dx-100, tx-81z etc as they are piss-cheap, and old 4OP FM sounds are crucial !!.......

Armed with those 4 sonic variable components, you have all the bases covered, and should be able to create great music....

Message 4/10             03-Oct-97  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

myopic

i have great specs too. They're Armani ones with an
anti-scratch coating.£200 from spec savers.

Message 5/10             03-Oct-97  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

Satan

Kilo,you dare to answer the Lord of Evil back?????
Be warned,the next time you play Quake I will
personally frag your ass with my custom super nail gun.

Message 6/10             03-Oct-97  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

kilo

wicked.....well come on boy...we got quake on the server ....mail Tim@realitycom.com and we'll kik your ass !!!!!!

Message 7/10             03-Oct-97  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

shad

If kit has a glaring fault, yes I think others should know. I also think that objective discussion/criticism is very important too. It's when you have eejits joining discussions telling other people that their kit is just plain shit or crap, you know - the aggressive type of shit. Discussion is good - slagging is poor. That's what I am saying. like that joker who gave quaimidi a REEALLLY hard time (Esmerelda), - I have a 309 :-)

shad.

Message 8/10             03-Oct-97  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

Noel

Satan is a nerd! "I'll frag you!" Get a life because a computer game fight is crap. Secondly, your not Satan!

Message 9/10             03-Oct-97  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

kilo

ER..... sorry mate, but quake is fuckin awesome !!.. plus I love my n-64, snes & megadrive... yes !!... Streets of rage 2 !!!

Message 10/10             05-Oct-97  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: keyboard wars vs computer wars

kid303

Noel,you ever played Quake? It's an experience man.
The sound track is absolutely fuckin terrifying..it scares
the shit outta me. Trent Reznor did it I believe.
Roll on Quake 2

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)