aaa Waldorf 4-pole analog filter comments? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Waldorf 4-pole analog filter comments?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             07-Oct-97  @  04:06 PM   -   Waldorf 4-pole analog filter comments?

venom

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just heard of the Waldorf 4-pole analog filter
and need more info. The Waldorf WWW site doesn't
go into much detail or provide audio samples. Any
users here? Kilo, thinking about reviewing this
piece of equipment? Will this filter allow my
Alesis QS6 synth to do cut-off filter sweeps, or
maybe boost/cut resonance? I've seen it
advertised for only $375 USD, which seems very
reasonable if it will allow a digital synth with
no knobs and little realtime control, to
basically be made to do things normally reserved
for analog or analog modeling synths.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             07-Oct-97  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Waldorf 4-pole analog filter comments?

Specifications:
input sensitivity: -50...+20dB, continously adjustable, switchable pre-damp -20dB ,two input stages with overdrive capability ,3-step input level meter ,two 12/24dB cascade low pass filters with resonance up to self oscillation ,two stereo VCAs with modulatable panning ,two ADSR envelopes per filter,two LFOs with sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse, s&h ,two 4 unit modulation matrixes ,all parameters controllable via MIDI ,2 outputs ,2 CV inputs (also for use with a foot pedal) ,2 trigger/gate inputs (also for use with a foot pedal) 1 audio trigger input ,envelope follower.

hope this will help.... I got the X pole hockt up with my MPC ........ briljant for daft punk style filtering... Ð.....

Message 3/6             08-Oct-97  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: Waldorf 4-pole analog filter comments?

Peezahj

Link?:  Link

I've got the Peavey filter, found it for $275 new, which is nice with a lot more knobs. It's gotta be better for live work, due to the easier tweak-ability and because it's a rack-mount, but in the end the Waldorf's features blow it away. Out of the five I've seen available, only the mutator is stereo, so dj's can't use much else. It's got the best of the waldorf and the Peavey combined but costs too much.
Expensive outboard filters are fun, but you'd be better off buying another synth. I'm happy enough with mine.

Hilevelt

Message 4/6             08-Oct-97  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: Waldorf 4-pole analog filter comments?

Peezahj

Link?:  Link

Actually, how does the filter compare to the Pulse Plus feature-wise? Can you combine external signals with internal osc's?

Hilevelt

Message 5/6             08-Oct-97  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Waldorf 4-pole analog filter comments?

kilo

er.......why dont you just buy a cheap parametric eq.????

Message 6/6             08-Oct-97  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Waldorf 4-pole analog filter comments?

kilo

regarding the Waldorf site, I had to point out to them that there was NO audio in the audio section they reffered me to.........I requested a demo dat, gear loan, or demo cd rom, but no response.......so far

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)