aaa motherboard upgrade - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: motherboard upgrade

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             10-Oct-97  @  04:33 PM   -   motherboard upgrade

m

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've got a DX2 66, and want to upgrade for basic HDR/sampling. How easy is it to put in a new pentium motherboard and CPU, and use the existing bits in the PC? - Its alot cheaper than buying a new system.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             10-Oct-97  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: motherboard upgrade

patrick

i hear that the 200mmx motherboards will be going for around $400-$500 US in about six
months.

Message 3/6             12-Oct-97  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: motherboard upgrade

Manic

If you know what you are doing then buy mail order mother board and chip set. alternativly get one step behind the pace by buying someones old processor i.e. someone whose gone from 133 to 200 for example. either way get the best motherboard you can afford....

Message 4/6             13-Oct-97  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: motherboard upgrade

ratfink

hey i just did the same thing a few months ago...from a dx2-66 to a pentium 133...when you get your new motherboard you have to get a new graphics card (PCI) to go along with it...the old one won't work...you can use everything else (HD, RAM, monitor etc. etc.)

Message 5/6             13-Oct-97  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: motherboard upgrade

Spot

Link?:  Link

a p200 mmx motherboard for $500, whassat then?...i got a p200 mmx chip..... and a new motherboard for this chip cost me 45 quid (uk streling)...or am i missing out on a part of new technoligy here?

Message 6/6             13-Oct-97  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: motherboard upgrade

kilo

absolutely......... I get entire base unit with motherboard & chip, keyboard & mouse for £ 299 inc vat..... then just do a swap over with the ram h/d & other bitz....... motherboards do start at around 50 quid........

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)