aaa CS1x, Can You edit individual sounds? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: CS1x, Can You edit individual sounds?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             02-Mar-98  @  09:40 AM   -   CS1x, Can You edit individual sounds?

JJOYCE62

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been checkin this synth, heard mixed things about it, the thing that may make or break the decision is if you can edit your own sounds, and can you make your own from scratch? Just from a tone? If anyone can elaborate please do. And any suggestions on other pieces of gear(keyboards) which allow you to edit in this price range, feel free to add. Peace.........

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             02-Mar-98  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: CS1x, Can You edit individual sounds?

kid303

I'd recommend the prophecy if you want a synth that
you can create sounds from scratch from. The cs1x
isn't a modelling synth,it is sample based and you can't
initialise theses sounds.You can alter certain things like the fliter cutoff,pitch,amp envelope etc but you can't
create sounds from scratch. Get the Prophecy.

Message 3/3             03-Mar-98  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: CS1x, Can You edit individual sounds?

ivan

You can mess around fairly much with the performance sounds, but as the above poster says: you are limited to the sampled waveforms. There are some basic waveforms like triangle, sinus and pulse though. It's a good synth for beginners since it got decent polyphony and has some decent drums and some not very good GM sounds. This way you have access to some ok piano sounds and stuff like that.

I wouldn't recommend a Prophesy as a first synth since it's monophonic, which might turn out a bit limiting ;)
It might be a good alternative if you've got a sampler or a computer and just use the Prophesy as a sample source.

I haven't checked out the new Korg N5, but it's supposedly somewahat similiar to CS1x, but with a higher price. If you really wan't to create (analogue) sounds from scratch the best bet would be something with MIDI and a fair amount of knobs, like a Nord I or a Juno-106.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)