aaa IRQ conflict for CardD+ - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: IRQ conflict for CardD+

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             16-Mar-98  @  02:19 AM   -   IRQ conflict for CardD+

soobaaaa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have two soundcards. Basically the only thing left for me to remove to get the IRQ resource is my printer port LPT1 in windows 95. However, there is no hardware card to remove. It plugs right into the motherboard. When I remove it in device manager and then reboot Windows message tells me it is finding new hardware and keeps re-intalling it. Is it possible to remove this or am I stuck. If so, please, how? Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             16-Mar-98  @  03:47 AM   -   IRQ conflict for CardD+

soobaaaa

I have two soundcards. Basically the only thing left for me to remove to get the IRQ resource is my printer port LPT1 in windows 95. However, there is no hardware card to remove. It plugs right into the motherboard. When I remove it in device manager and then reboot Windows message tells me it is finding new hardware and keeps re-intalling it. Is it possible to remove this or am I stuck. If so, please, how? Thanks

Message 3/8             16-Mar-98  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: IRQ conflict for CardD+

kilo

cant you just re-assign the irq's with the jumper switches on the cards.......??....what is using up all the other irq's ?.....

Message 4/8             16-Mar-98  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: IRQ conflict for CardD+

soobaaaa

No, all the optional IRQs are taken. Unfortunately, after I bought Reality I learned that I was the only one in the universe who's printer port didn't work with the HASP key so I had to use up an ISA slot for a new serial port card. So besides that I have my modem, AWE32 (which I need for Reality), and secondary IDE controller and PCI bus master controller. Thanks.

Message 5/8             16-Mar-98  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: IRQ conflict for CardD+

acid cat

you could get an external modem to free up another IRQ.......or maybe an IDE controller with onboard serial/LPT connections (tho I don't think that saves an IRQ..you could check it tho')

Message 6/8             16-Mar-98  @  03:55 PM   -   Try This...

MrSkul

-- go into Device Manager, select the printer port device, click properties.
-- on the General tab, uncheck the Original Configuration checkbox.

hopefully, this will prevent Windows from automatically reinstalling it ('cus it's
already there), but since it's disabled, you should be able to use its IRQ.

gud luk

Message 7/8             17-Mar-98  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: IRQ conflict for CardD+

soobaaaa

Thanks, uhh Mr. Skul. Your recommendation seemed partly right. What I ended up having to do was set up another configuration to choose from when windows booted up. This worked initially, that is until I severely locked up/crashed Wavesurgeon with a large file. Then the CardD would play nothing. Kept getting messages that another device was playing audio and to close that device first even though I had disabled my other card.
Oh well thanks everbody. WHY COULDN'T I BE INTERESTED IN BLUEGRASS INSTEAD?

Message 8/8             17-Mar-98  @  10:22 PM   -   weird...

MrSkul

you should be able to just remove the device from the Original Configuration (Current) without
having to add it to another config. i've never been able to get shit to work by using multiple
configurations.

Win95 suks, and Bluegrass... well, less jus' say i don like it, nosir.

sorry it din't work, uhh soobaaaa.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)