aaa Pick sounds from other songs! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Pick sounds from other songs!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             19-Mar-98  @  03:46 PM   -   Pick sounds from other songs!

andreas.lindell

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

For example, I like a bassdrum in another song
and I really want it, how should I get it?

Or if itīs a for example a piano, then what?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             19-Mar-98  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Pick sounds from other songs!

kid303

Errr..why not sample it and use it?

Message 3/7             19-Mar-98  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Pick sounds from other songs!

andreas.lindell

But if the "bassdrum" are surrounded by other sounds,
what should I do then, I donīt have a sampler.

Message 4/7             20-Mar-98  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: Pick sounds from other songs!

kid303

well unless you have a sampler there is no way you can grab the sound. With a product like recycle you could extract the bass drum from the slice of music you've sampled but your gonna need a sampler!

Message 5/7             20-Mar-98  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Pick sounds from other songs!

kilo

and anyway....... that bassdrum sample is gonna also have the other backing sounds play with it if you sample it out of the track....... even iof the deacy is set very short.... it'll still let you hear the other backing sounds as muddiness in the sample signal...... wouldnt it be better to identify the sound, and recreate it in isolation ?

Message 6/7             20-Mar-98  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Pick sounds from other songs!

fergm

I read in Future Music a couple of months ago about some German company that made a software bundle claiming to be able to extract individual tracks from CDs. Problem is there's no demo and the program cost 20 grand.

Message 7/7             20-Mar-98  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Pick sounds from other songs!

ivan

one solution is to use a frequency display and try to figure out in which frequencies the sound is most prominent. Then you use a good filter/eq and just cut all the other frequencies. I guess those programs work in a similiar way.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)