aaa software eq vs. hardware - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: software eq vs. hardware

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 24-Jan-04  @  08:08 AM   -   software eq vs. hardware

panama

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

planning to do some post and I'm looking for some advice on eq's... hardware or
software? choices...??? I'm putting up the Sony Oxford Tdm plugin vs a good hardware.
Would there be any point in getting a hardware unit to do the eq when the oxford is known
as being state of the art?

I've been thinking about this a lot... if anyone thinks of a good hardware eq under $ 700, tell
me about it. Would things sound better coming out of a digital domain and back into? or
just stick with the plugin?

I'm not satisfied with the waves eq. I need added color. shit... makes me think of old
analog tubes... old Sony betacams are known for being softer and more pleasant on video
while the digibetas are cold and harsh but are more accurate. must apply everywhere...

maybe a cheap solution for eq's with old equipment would be a good idea. any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             28-Jan-04  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: software eq vs. hardware

psylichon

Link?: Link

My tracks knock when I want them to, and I do it with software, using a mouse, my screen, and my skill. I can talk just as big as you, Ape, and I got the experience to back it up, so why don't we drop our precious gospels and open our minds to other sub-$700 possibilities.

REQ has character, and unless you use it on a regular basis, please accept my humble disinterest in your opinion.

Message 12/14             28-Jan-04  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: software eq vs. hardware

Pongoid

I use my TC 1220 on a regular basis. Love it. I have the REQ 2, 4, and 6 band, and....hohum. Sure they work, but they're nothing like hardware. Different beast, and I like real knobs, just closing my eyes, and gently dialing in or out what I want. Contrary to what some software manufacturers might have you believe, music is not a visual thing. It's not a set numbers thing. Well...maybe trance is.

Now admittedly the Waves Reverb plugin is quite nice.

Ape

Message 13/14             29-Jan-04  @  08:04 AM   -   RE: software eq vs. hardware

psylichon

fair 'nuff, and thank you for clarification. To each his own I suppose.

Message 14/14             30-Jan-04  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: software eq vs. hardware

Pongoid

yup.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)