aaa kapok tracklist updated - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: kapok tracklist updated

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

Original Message                 Date: 14-Oct-04  @  07:57 PM   -   kapok tracklist updated

cary850

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I've finished halide (I think)...hahaha...and thanks to -mindless- I think
I've learned a thing or two about compression and Eq's. I'm no pro yet,
but I'll get the hang of it eventually...so a shout out to mindless is most
definitly called for. THANKS MAN!!!

Also in addition to uploading the new version of halide I've also added
another track to my playlist. A track that is very different then
endbeautiful and halide. Please read the "Track Details" for more. Hope
you enjoy. Also I'm hearing lots of great music out there on DT...A
shout out to everyone else out there keeping the groove movin. Keep
up the good work guys/gals!

kapok

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/97             18-Oct-04  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

Link?: Link

lol @ jock

I dont mean to start _that_ whole thing again, though 

Im sure that thread could be pulled up tho. shit got FUNNY remember?

Message 22/97             18-Oct-04  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

jock_munro

Actually dare I say it, but I've listend to a few of Togos tracks, and although the sounds he is using is totally dire, musically wise he has got some very interesting and complex ideas lurking there. They just need refining.

I never really got into that whole chart fixing thread, it would be good to read through it though !

Message 23/97             18-Oct-04  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

SignalRunners - BLU

influx- no way your peepin hybrid man   you gave me a hard time a few years back for likeing them as a novelty trancey breaks act! (or something like that)

heh, mebbe there new sound is diff now, i not heard in a while, i used to LOVE thios guys - wide angle album was just plain frightening at the time

need to check them out again actually.....

Message 24/97             19-Oct-04  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

I gave you shit?

they ARE "trancey" at times...and sometimes embarrasingly so. But...other times theyre hard as fck!

dont remember doing that, but that means nothing 

Message 25/97             19-Oct-04  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

SignalRunners - BLU

yeah, hehe - i used to love the 'embarrasing' trancy part to their sound, was the nearest i got to getting really into breakbeats (nu breaks?)

i think the last track you posted (i think) had a kinda trancy vibe to it (not to offend) - was pretty cool as i remember!

Message 26/97             19-Oct-04  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Link?:  No link

Influx, my lovely friend. You sound like watered-down Aphex Twin. Your music is spectacularly bland and repetitive. Pardon me for falling for your brilliant bait. My God you're a clever bastard. With all your lovely equipment (whatever it cost, it's a lot more expensive than mine), I'd expect something more interesting.
Jock Munro: thanks, I suppose. May I remind you that the sounds are inevitably going to be dire on the toy, free equipment I use. If I had equipment that was worth any more than nothing (so, above the value of Influx's music), I could probably make something quite good. And being quite good is an aspiration I would recommend to most of the people, including Influx, who contribute to this site. Quite good would be a huge improvement for those people.
Stop fucking otters. Stop not unmaking music. You're a cow's innards. Eat your own face, mister.
Love and hugs from Dr. Togo Peffin

Message 27/97             19-Oct-04  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

heh. keep on goin, dude. youre the only one that cares what you think really.

I didnt even know this was a competition really. maybe thats why Im not out there voting for myself!

funny thing is..Im pretty sure this person is someone the old school crowd here would know.

Message 28/97             19-Oct-04  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

i think we have about 3 new threads here but since kapok don't seem to mind too much......

i remember influx giving blu shit about hybrid.
at the same time...i also question any suggestion that trance music can't be hard as fuck.....
just as almost any music can have it's moments.
i can think of some fiddle music which is HARD AS FUCK! _especially to play.

as for the chart...influx why do you care about the chart
if you don't vote for anything?
i mean...do you? have you recently?
it doesn't look like a chart which has the mark of your participation.

what bothers me about togo's chart-presence is the simple fact that there's just
SO MUCH OF IT!!!!!!
do we really need to have TEN? songs up there to know you have music on offer togo?
i could care less if you're number one or ten or how you got there as long as it's good music that represents....
and there ain't a ridiculous glut of it hogging OUR scenery.

i think there should be some kind of time-limit as to how long tracks can
CLING to the chart also.
soap dodger has been up there for over a year now.
boo's other 2 pieces have been up there for 9 and 5 months each....and they're
not even that great of tunes either.
according to boo himself....they're not even tracks really but 2-hour sketches....which should've one day become real tracks.
i've told him personally but he's pretty precious about these things...
plus he's #1 in his art-class painting unicorns so.......errr...
welll.....he don't talk to idiots.
funny>

well...at least shatterstar.
what a relief.

Message 29/97             19-Oct-04  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

clay...I have voted for a few tracks recently, including one of kapoks that I thought was good.

I dont care, really. just cuz someone mentions something doesnt mean they care all that much. I havent lost sleep or anything of that sort. promise

funny to see that youre still railing against boomeister as well. Ive never met anyone who refuses to let things go and insists on takin jabs whenever possible the way you do.

oh, and..if you remember me givin someone shit about hybrid...well...it musta happened. It was probably cuz blu said "I like breaks. I like hybrid" and hybrid certainly doesnt represent breaks 

oh..and Ive heard plenty of trance that I dug, big time. Most of it was the psy stuff like shpongle or infected mushroom. VERY intricate!

not this maudlin crap that gets regurgitated over and over and over and over ad nauseum

sorry kapok for the threadjack 

Message 30/97             19-Oct-04  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

influx....
so what we got to say about togo-the slut (?) is valid but not boo....?

nah man....
i think only psy has written a song (dusk) which could grip this chart for a year...and be legit about it.
after that...i can't think of one.
my beef began with a valid issue but became more personal when it became addressed privately.
now it's just simply back to being an issue...with a few personal notes thrown in for.......
the sake of human interest.

oh....you... forgot to say thanks.

wink....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

There are 97 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)