aaa The Return of Togo - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: The Return of Togo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 17-Oct-04  @  02:00 PM   -   The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

'Shoulders' is finished. Togo has news. Togo is working on the next album. Togo hopes to call it 'An Egg Hatches and the Wrong Animal Comes Out', but Togo is unsure about whether 7161 will let Togo have a title so long. Togo encourages you to hear his first album. Togo welcomes you to place feedback on this forum. Togo thanks you for reading. Togo gently reminds you to start listening to 'Shoulders'.
Dr. Togo Peffin

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/55             21-Oct-04  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

cary850

Link?: Link

shifty eh? hmmmm... maybe he's suggesting that the only way I could
afford "100's of soft synths"...etc is if I'm rich. I dunno maybe I'm wrong.
Thanks for the translation togo. kapok appreciates it much! src='images/wink.gif'>

In America when little kids tell their mom "I have to take a shit" they
say instead "I have to go #2"

And there is a phrase for nosey people we have too...It goes like this...

Watch out for #1 (thats u darkstate, u are #1) or u might step in #2

I'm pretty nosey sometimes too so I hear this every once in a
while...it's good advice, maybe u should consider it as I have on many
occasions. cough..cough..dude I think u go me sick man...now I'm
starting to cough...thanks for nothing!!!

kapok

Message 22/55             21-Oct-04  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

mcc>

i consider the ode to joy~as pop music.
maybe not today's pop but it was intended to reach and connect with the multitudes of beethoven's time and beyond...and i think it did that.

i think anything which consciencely aspires to reach any great number of people for either reasons of love of accessibility..and thusly connectivity...and / or...ahem..the need for personal financial gain....we can consider pop.
the notion certainly transcends genre or period.

for that reason...i think frank zappa and the mothers of invention were a pop-band of sorts...during their day.
the fact we're still occasionally discussing his/their work is testament to that fact.
but yes...i play loosely with the word.
i don't think it has to be the dirty mindless thing radio and 6 record companies have allowed it to be for the last 50+ years.

Message 23/55             21-Oct-04  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

nutoniom

hair growing out every hole in me...

i wonder if satan's asshole is hairy too ?

Message 24/55             21-Oct-04  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

We say '#2' over here as well, though it's really an export from the US. Were you coughing at me or Darkstate?
And, by the way ....
.....I've no problems with digression, but there are some things I'd rather not have my thread stolen by .... one of those is Satan's arsehole.
Togo

Message 25/55             22-Oct-04  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

mcc>

sorry...had to step out of the room for a bit.

now where were we?

Message 26/55             22-Oct-04  @  09:22 AM     Edit: 22-Oct-04  |  09:40 AM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

dARKSTATe

Yeah, that cough of mine is getting better mate thanks for your concern. Sorry to hear you've caught something yourself...

As for giving me little nuggets of information about #1's & #2's, whilst It's quite thoughtful of you to warn me about this and that, its probably less irritating all round if you save your trite little witticisms for someone who gives a shit (heh, you see how I cleverly worked your #2 nonsense in there - how clever of me eh *wink*wink* [slump])

For the record, my calling you on your alleged vast quantities of instruments isn't nosey, uncalled for perhaps, but not nosey.. But that's what happens when you put something like that in a PUBLICALLY VIEWABLE PROFILE.. It *looks* inherantly SHIFTY... (Now you understand what that means, though I did initially say "dodgy", we can put that in a box and move on with our lives..)

So mebbe I had a slow day at work yesterday, mebbe I'm in a foul mood with a few minutes to spare by hijacking Togo's thread - so what, I'm spouting mate - another voice on the internet and I won't be the last... You know it, and I know it.. I couldn't care less whether you're a rampant pirate or not, that's between you and your conscience

What I MEANT to say is that if you have 100s of VSTIs etc. then either

a) You're quite well off financially in order to PAY for all of them,
b) You save continually in order to buy them
c) You have generous benefactors who buy them for you
d) You work in a studio and use theirs
e) You use a LOT of freeware
f) You're a synth edit/infinity nut
g) You're a PIRATE/warez freak* (delete as appropriate)

Does *THAT* need translating for ya? Togo, care to assist?

(Oh sorry for thread hijacking by the way..  )

Message 27/55             22-Oct-04  @  09:53 AM     Edit: 22-Oct-04  |  09:56 AM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

dARKSTATe

..anyway, I've noticed enough hostility in your own music track thread Kapok... Peace... normal service can now be resumed (unless, Kapok, you wish to continue flogging a dead horse that is..)

Message 28/55             22-Oct-04  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

Do as you wish with the thread. Just no transatlantic hostility ..........
Togo

Message 29/55             22-Oct-04  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

dARKSTATe

..why, that's so magnanimous of you Togo...

Hostility where? I see no hostility here...

Message 30/55             22-Oct-04  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

horacio.larrechea

i think pop music is every catchy tune. no matter if is dark or shiny or giggling or melancolic or tecno or acustic, pop is the way to transform reality in a world of fantasy.. everybody wants no die, everybody wants enjoy their owns senses in differents ways.
did you know that , there is an american pop band called papas fritas , its sound something like pop has freed us and mean french fries

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)