aaa The Return of Togo - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: The Return of Togo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 17-Oct-04  @  02:00 PM   -   The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

'Shoulders' is finished. Togo has news. Togo is working on the next album. Togo hopes to call it 'An Egg Hatches and the Wrong Animal Comes Out', but Togo is unsure about whether 7161 will let Togo have a title so long. Togo encourages you to hear his first album. Togo welcomes you to place feedback on this forum. Togo thanks you for reading. Togo gently reminds you to start listening to 'Shoulders'.
Dr. Togo Peffin

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/55             22-Oct-04  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

cary850

Link?: Link

I'm filthy fucking rich!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Message 32/55             22-Oct-04  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

mcc>

the nephew / possible-son> in all-due-earnesty
informing others that the next work was horrible, infantile nonsense.

Message 33/55             22-Oct-04  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

cary850

And u must be rich too with all those fancy pictures of ur gear on ur
website. oh and my cough is much better, musta been all those bong
tokes... thanks for ur concern...PEACE!!! sorry for jacking ur thread
togo...happens to the best of us.

kapok

Message 34/55             22-Oct-04  @  04:04 PM     Edit: 22-Oct-04  |  04:04 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

dARKSTATe

Well, at least admitting the reason you own 100s of VSTIs is coz you're filthy rich is better than admitting you're a filthy little pirate on a public website you're registered to!

And you paid our website a visit? Nice one! I'm not filthy rich (yet) but I hold down an honest job which pays a good salary, so that kit of mine that you've been checking out, has been paid for by my fair hands (Not that there's that much kit anyhow, but I digress) Can you say the same?

As for yer cough, you must be rollin' and tokin' some smoooooooooooooth shit if its helped get rid of it that quicly...

Have fun kid and remember... there's a smart-arse in all of us, its just that some posteriors are smarter than others!! (There, now you can pass that pithy little witticism on to some one else.. and free of charge too... who says people can't be altruistic on the 'net?!!)

Message 35/55             22-Oct-04  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

Would you be offended if I said that what you just said wasn't that witty? I hope not, because I have a suspicion that you and I live not far from each other (your profile says 'South East'; I'm no net stalker).
As for the pop thing, I prefer to use the term 'popular music' for Zappa, Dylan et al, reserving 'pop' as a derogatory term for evil pig-dogs like Britney, Justin etc.
Togo

Message 36/55             22-Oct-04  @  04:37 PM     Edit: 22-Oct-04  |  04:43 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

dARKSTATe

Would I be offended? Not at all.. Only if your opinion mattered to me and as I don't know you.. (Not that this would come as any surprise to an intelligent chap such as yourself of course...)

Added to that, I myself am fully cogniscent of the fact that one person's perception of what is witty isn't likely to be anothers, so with that very much in mind, your appraisal matters to me even less...

Its friday afternoon, I'm done for the day and am just killing a few minutes before heading home from work.. that's the only reason I'm not just letting it lie yet..

Boredom, plain and simple.. what's your excuse??

Message 37/55             22-Oct-04  @  04:46 PM     Edit: 22-Oct-04  |  04:48 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

dARKSTATe

..and sooner or later one of us ("us" being the collective posters on this rampantly hijacked thread - for which I apologise once more) just isn't gonna give enough of a shit to keep re-posting..

So no doubt you'll come back with another intelligent reply, or Kapok will and I'll either feel obliged to say something in return (out of boredom, or ego or something else) or I'll let this die in piece and walk away chuckling to myself how the people that visit DT for a quick fix and chance to flex their 'net muscles never change.. (round and round the internet wheel goes...)

Changing subject for a second (again) good call on Zappa by the way - did you ever read that article in SoS about his son resurrecting a load of his old projects and reassembling them via some cutting edge AMD based DAW setup?

Message 38/55             22-Oct-04  @  07:37 PM     Edit: 22-Oct-04  |  08:30 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

Influx

rare to see darkstate's hackles up.

Message 39/55             22-Oct-04  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

horacio.larrechea

well hmmmm there is musicians that likes to concentrate in his instruments and other musician that takes a pop song just as a little symphony, (ej, beach boys) behind justin are the wonderfull neptunes, they "GOT" the sound of today.primitive, a little hard, sensual, listen to neptunes i wanna fuck drums machines
i think there is many conceptions about pop music is

Message 40/55             23-Oct-04  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

Talking of Zappa's offspring, how about the names he gave them? Dweezil and Moonunit must be the most oddly named people on earth (Gazza's, sorry, G8's idiotic self-naming doesn't come close). Never heard anything by Dweezil, but does he really need to dig his father's phonic grave? FZ's best works were so perfectly executed and produced anyway.
(You might've noticed already, but I'm not really up for a 'net war on my own thread; I save those for the threads of others).
Horacio - tienes razon pero, por favour, no me digas que crees que Justin y los Neptunes son mejores que otros bandes de pop como Queen y los Beach Boys - ellos escribieron canciones complicadas, con mucha variacion. Aunque no me encantan, puedo reconocer que tienen un talento especial, mientras que los Neptunes ..... no me gustan. Puede que tengan el ruido de hoy, pero el ruido de hoy es algo que me molesta.
Togo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)