aaa Holy crap, it's still here! - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Holy crap, it's still here!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 09-Jan-09  @  07:23 AM   -   Holy crap, it's still here!

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

It was down so long I just stopped trying after a while.

I still talk with Beds every now and then on IRC, but who else is still around?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/76             14-Jun-09  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

sitar

Link?: Link

the tracks pretty good. I like that they use some middle eastern drums. gives it a very earthy sound.

I'm not doing anything much at the moment in the way of music. I open tracks up and play with them
a bit but that's been it for a while. Still in my mind to do though. It's funny that I bought all that gear
and now use softsynths. /sigh

How about you? You writing tracks?

Message 32/76             15-Jun-09  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

k

not right now, i put ideas down occasionaly, just been thru a big gear upgrade see. I added a couple of mac pro's for a final-cut editing suite (with logic as well), and have setup also a dual g5 system, so it's been alot of costing, planning, arranging business loans, sorting out one problem faulty purchase item which had to be exchanged, re-setting things up, learning final-cut and other programmes in that suite (motion, compressor, dvd studio pro etc)

also lots site stuff to do (the new homepages will be here very soon), and i'm playing in a rock band actualy for 'shits and giggles'

i'll start doing some electronic music again when the final stage is done - that final stage is a whole bunch of old gear goes into storage, sell off and give away some old pc's also, and i then have to do some final setting up of my new music-only setup, so there is 2 writing suites.

it's all go anyways! been doing a few recordings for people in between, but only for friends, or friends of friends. One guy i've been working with is very ill; he's only got a few years left unless he has a very risky operation. He's a musician who writes songs, a friend of a mate of mine, I'm helping him out cos he's totaly broke & depressed and i think he's trying to get stuff down while he has time left on this earth frankly.

it's quite tough going sometimes cos his songs are very good and probably due to the state he's in some of the lyrics are very emotional ... lump in the throat stuff.

anyways, thats how things are... all in all it's trundling along mate

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 33/76             17-Jun-09  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

sitar

Wow. It's sad to hear about your mate's mate having a limited time to live. It's great you're helping
him out. That's rough but a part of life too. On the bright side, we never know when the end is
coming. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I guess that's the bright side lol. At least he knows he can't
put things off like so many of us do until it's too late.

Sounds like you'll have a kickass studio setup. You're using Macs now? Traitor...

Message 34/76             18-Jun-09  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

Test Deejay

i still got 11 pc's biatch!

hey joke

a mate of mine told me his is shagging a girl and her twin!

i said, "how do you tell them apart?"

"Easy!... her brother has a moustache"

Message 35/76             18-Jun-09  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

Test Deejay

btw sitar thats me k above, we're building the new homepages & testing with dummy users

Message 36/76             19-Jun-09  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

sitar

LOL @ the joke.

Dummy users? I thought that's what we all were.

Message 37/76             21-Jun-09  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

Bedwyr

The url is sat there on my bookmarks toolbar in firefox, but I rarely click it ... not making any music these days for a variety of reasons, mostly because i've been working as a programmer for the last year ... up at 6am back home at 7pm - just no time.

Back to school in october though to finish my degree, don't think i'll have much time then either!

But first ... getting married in August

Message 38/76             22-Jun-09  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

sitar

Hey Bedwyr. Congrats in advance on getting married. That's great!

Message 39/76             22-Jun-09  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Hey guys!

Yeah, I still pop my head in every now and then to see what goes on.

Congrats Bedwyr! I wish you and your missus lots of happiness in the years to come  

I've been a bit slack this year on the music front, for various reasons, but am now getting back into it. I've got loads of time booked for the studio over the coming months for a couple of projects I'm working on. Can't wait  

Steve

Message 40/76             23-Jun-09  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: Holy crap, it's still here!

sitar

hey Steve. That's awesome. Glad you're still writing. You write great stuff.

It's so true what they say (and we all know when *they* say it, it must be true) music is good for the
soul....sooths the savage beast.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 76 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)