aaa kapok tracklist updated - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: kapok tracklist updated

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Original Message                 Date: 14-Oct-04  @  07:57 PM   -   kapok tracklist updated

cary850

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I've finished halide (I think)...hahaha...and thanks to -mindless- I think
I've learned a thing or two about compression and Eq's. I'm no pro yet,
but I'll get the hang of it eventually...so a shout out to mindless is most
definitly called for. THANKS MAN!!!

Also in addition to uploading the new version of halide I've also added
another track to my playlist. A track that is very different then
endbeautiful and halide. Please read the "Track Details" for more. Hope
you enjoy. Also I'm hearing lots of great music out there on DT...A
shout out to everyone else out there keeping the groove movin. Keep
up the good work guys/gals!

kapok

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 81/97             26-Oct-04  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

heh heh, well as I said in another thread, or was it this one, that I posted a link to that track on some Jean-Michel Jarre fan club forum (as its a cover of a JMJ track), that would explain why Overture has been floating around for some time.

So I suppose its vote rigging of some sort as well !

Message 82/97             27-Oct-04  @  09:19 AM     Edit: 27-Oct-04  |  09:27 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Link?:  No link

Jock, I never said they were all self voters and as for my "amateur" tunes they would be seeing as I've only got fruity loops with a few synths and can't afford to spend thousands on equipment like you probably have.

Message 83/97             27-Oct-04  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

k

Link?:  Link

nothing wrong with Fruity & s.synths

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 84/97             27-Oct-04  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

On reflection my original point was really stupid because at the end of the day-WHO CARES ABOUT CHARTS?. Music is a way of expressing yourself and if people like it then that is an added bonus and I'm kinda embarrassed I even mentioned the chart thing now that I've thought it through

Message 85/97             27-Oct-04  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

Humble, I wasnt aiming my "amatuer" comment at you.

And as K says FruityLoops is a brilliant bit of kit, the bloke I used to write with used it all the time and would get a sound that would easily blow away anything I could achieve with my outboard gear. In fact you can achieve so much more sophisticated results and production techniques with soft synths and computers these days, stuff which is totally depressing coz I know I could never get my hardware to do the same thing.

As for the charts, I've said it before, I think it is important, if they are a fair representation to what people like and dont like. Its a great way of judging whether you've written a corker of a track or a pile of shite. I cant see any harm in feeling good if you've got a piece of music up in the top 30 coz obviously it means people have listened to it and voted.

Message 86/97             29-Oct-04  @  03:53 AM     Edit: 29-Oct-04  |  03:54 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Jock, upon reading your comments with a clear head I can see you were not aiming them at me which is good because I don't go for all that slagging off stuff (exept with Jason J) and as for the not caring about the charts, all I was saying was I make my music because I like it first and foremost, and don't care if it is in the charts or not and would never make a tune specifically to try and get in there.

I also think that fruity loops is a great bit of kit and very easy to use but I just have a severe lack of samples which leads me to the question : Do any of you know some good sites with some free samples including vocals and perc?

Message 87/97             29-Oct-04  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

this isn't the link i was looking for but this might help..

just search for "free audio-samples" in your browser.

web-link

Message 88/97             29-Oct-04  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

When you search for that kind of thing you tend to get a load of crap like sites selling cd's, I was looking more for specific names but thanks anyway.

Message 89/97             29-Oct-04  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

Well, it depends on how moral you are with regards to file sharing and bittorrent stuff. (i.e internet piracy/stealing/not having to pay for anything) I can point you in a couple of places where you can download samples until the cows come home. Not just samples either, music software as well.

Failing that, if you would rather stay within the law, then I'm quite happy to email you some samples from some of my sample CD collection. And this is stuff that I've actually paid money for !

Message 90/97             29-Oct-04  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

I didn't want to get illegal samples, just free ones, I know there are sites around like sampleswap for example

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

There are 97 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)