aaa Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Viewing all 40 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/40             15-Sep-02  @  06:43 PM     Edit: 15-Sep-02  |  06:44 PM   -   Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just been watching the F1 today and got to thinking. Every fortnight, thanks to the insurmountable scarlet scammers, I find the races less and less interesting. Does anyone else feel that Ferrari/Schumacher have killed F1? I certainly do. I used to love this sport. It was my weekly saviour. I'd get a couple of cans of cold Carlsberg Export, a few bags of crisps, switch my brain off and enjoy sitting in for the race. Thoroughly satisfying. But now, the races are so predictable that I had to switch the TV off after 10 minutes. Ferarri and Schumacher have proved their point, they are the best. But enough is enough! Lets get a petition together to have them removed so that F1 can be exciting once more!

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/40             15-Sep-02  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

bedwyr

Link?: Link

wanna make it more exciting? design the tracks better for overtaking and even out the technology race.

Message 3/40             15-Sep-02  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Steve Roughley

One of the most exciting races of the year was on a track that is practically impossible to overtake on: Monaco. DC won and I thoroughly enjoyed that, especially after his non-starter last year. But, yeah, something does need to be done about the bloody technology that they are using now. It seems that the cars are robbing the drivers of their skill and are starting to do everything for them. Like this damned launch control. Once upon a time, it was up to the driver to get the start right. Not some bloody computer.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 4/40             15-Sep-02  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

milan

where have you been steve! the magazines have been complainig about this for months! even japanese are complaining because they fear that no one will come to the last race! myself, i kinda skipped on most of this season for exactly the same reason. lets wait and see if he can repeat that for few more seasons. or rather not... anyone for formula 3?

Message 5/40             15-Sep-02  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

xoxos

well serves you right for supporting an industry where cars drive round in circles.

Message 6/40             15-Sep-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

k

F1 exciting????.... surely some mistake?... bunch of gits going round and round and round and round and..... OH WAIT!!!!... SOMETHING FELL OF A CAR THERE!!!!... LOOOK YES!!!!... THERE'S SOMETHING ON THE TRACK!!!!!!!!.... and round and round and round and round and.... OH WAIT!!!!!!!.... SOMEONE SPAN OFF THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!..... and round and round and round.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .... what a load of shite!   - I mean seriously it really is the most tedious rubbish!... the only reason it's on TV is cos of the sponsorship , but then ANY drivel that is 'sponsored' get's on TV... darts, bowls, snooker, you name it, dwarf flinging ?... I dunno...

I cant even watch sport on TV anymore cos of the incessant non-stop pointless commentary, especialy the snooker & tennis have been totaly ruined because NOW they think we need someone jabbering away about totaly banal shite throughout the entire facking match!!!!!!... and it's always meaningless drivel, talk for the sake of talking...... they never ever ever ever FACKING SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

Message 7/40             15-Sep-02  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

influx

sure would rather do something else.

you euros are funny sometimes

Message 8/40             15-Sep-02  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

milan

oh yeah??? go race a suv, you american pig! :P

go DT freedom of opinion ;)

and yes, F1 can be boring, but i find snooker on tv hilarious!

Message 9/40             15-Sep-02  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Zazza

cricket anyone?

Message 10/40             15-Sep-02  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Steve Roughley

Oh... come on chaps. There's nothing like a nice game of cricket followed by sandwitches and Pims on the lawn.

I am probably commiting suicide by saying this, but I have to disagree with you on the snooker front, K. It's a brilliant game. If not purely for the fact that it isn't massively exciting. As with F1, you can swicth off, relax and get settled in for the long haul, and appreciate the excitement and tension that does happen, when it happens. Zen sports, thoroughly relaxing and entertaining if it's your cup of tea.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 11/40             15-Sep-02  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

proximus

I kinda like Formula 1..

About ferrari always winning.. well, it hasn't always been like that. Look at the late 80's.. they were shite.. but they have slowly improved and gotten on the top again... don't ask me why but I think it's nice to watch.

Message 12/40             15-Sep-02  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Zazza

Of course cricket is best enjoyed on the TV with the sound turned down, whilst listening to the BBC radio commentary.. 20 minutes discussing a nice cake sent in by Mrs Throgmorton-Smythe of Esher while the wickets tumble unnoticed in the background.. (i kid you not)

Message 13/40             16-Sep-02  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

This American pig says Ferrari's just making
up for the failings 5 yrs ago.Don't worry i'm
sure the other teams will pull something out
of their bag of tricks.But as a team ferrari fan
myself F1 is very exciting to see the rest of the
field work their ass off while the boyz look like
they're commuting to work.I'm sure that it will
all even out some year.But did you see those
manufacturers points,holy shizznit batman.I'm
not sure why us Americans insist on going in
circles,i've yet to find a road that is oval.At lest
we have Cart and Skip Barber pro series to
keep thse of us in the know
entertained.Although I will race my triumph
speed four next season in the WERA,chunked
the SUV.laterz.

Message 14/40             16-Sep-02  @  02:06 AM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

influx

hell I dont know what IM talkin about..I watch GOLF, and billiards (both are easier to appreciate when you actually play with some semblance of skill)

but incredibly boring otherwise, for sure

Message 15/40             16-Sep-02  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Defector Z

Sounds like what happening in sailing. There's a big movement to get people in boats with only 1 set of sails rather than 15 different ones for each mph of wind above 0. Makes it affortable and still competitive.

But it you take the technology out of racing, you don't many of the advances that are included in todays production cars. It would be a hard thing to monitor. Any ideas?

Message 16/40             16-Sep-02  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

spinback

definately been on a downward slope for the last few years- especially so after the senna crash, where they seemed to go overboard on restrictions and safety points- its all about fastest pit times and fuel strategys now because the cars are pretty much restricted to an equal(ish).

get it on old school- the drivers know the dangers (they dont complain about money anyway!)

Give them a set rolling chassis and 3litre naturally aspirated engine to play with- the restrictions end there- teams can tune engine to fullest capabilities/ free design aero dynamics etc...

fastest car/ best ballsOut driver wins- easy no?

the way that german drives it prob wouldnt matter tho...

much more fun

spinback

Message 17/40             16-Sep-02  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Breakerbox

agree with spinback, f1 so fucking boring because they resricted everything, they capped the hp, displacement, speed limit... All the speed records on lemans( its not f1 i know, but a good example) were broken in 60s till they started restrictin stuff. f1 was a technology test ground for companies (drive by wire/abs/adaptive body) now its all gone... your 85 honda is more advanced then a f1 car now!. If the spped of the cars were raising every year like the way it rose in the 60's they would be racing at 300+ mph by now.
About NASCAR AND Drag racing.... WTF is that all about? Can you make it more boring...oh hold on there is always fuckin (american)football its 6 seconds of go and 1 minute of stop... just like drag racing! rugby for the fatasses that cant run!
FUUUUUUUCKKKK.

Message 18/40             16-Sep-02  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

k

Link?:  Link

yeah it was way better back in the days when they all ran Cosworth V8's - at least it was more about the drivers then. I prefer drag racing myself cos i'm more into the mechanic's/engineering of that one fast burn, plus the power is phenomenal!

BTW Steve I DO (or did) like the snooker, but I cant stand the continual chatter they do now that's all, it makes it impossible to watch cos it takes away the whole vibe of the game.. I mean if you are PLAYING it, and some guy is jabbering away in the corner he'd be booted out of the room, it just isnt in keeping with the game to have a non-stop backing commentary. I mean I DONT need some guys blathering on about "what shots the guy might or can take" as he walks round the table - I can fucking SEE that myself!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 19/40             16-Sep-02  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

bedwyr

Message 20/40             16-Sep-02  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Deano

Chuckle.... Influx, You play GOLF?

Message 21/40             16-Sep-02  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

bedwyr

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Message 22/40             16-Sep-02  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

bedwyr

File?:  [image]

[image file]

BRAND NEW FROM JAPAN! WORLD'S SMALLEST RC RACE SET!!!! It features a Tiny Motor, 6 Direction Controller with Built-In Car Recharger,! Because of the tiny size we would recommend that it be raced on flat surfaces, even your desk or dining table. The car has an internal battery and is recharged on the controller (car & controller included - the controller uses 2 "AA" Batteries) in 45 seconds. It races for about 2~5 minutes and has a range of up to 2~3 meters. This race set requires about 5 minutes assembly and has a English and Japanese manual. You will need 2 "AA" Batteries to complete this set which is not included.

Message 23/40             16-Sep-02  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

cheddarrrrrum

I want to know where they got the 14 foot long swiss army knife from

Message 24/40             16-Sep-02  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

BJT

Darts anybody?

Message 25/40             16-Sep-02  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

bedwyr

round the clock, then a few games of 501

Message 26/40             16-Sep-02  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

99devils

This is payback for all those years spent sitting in front of the TV watching my beloved Ferraris blow up, sputter out, or just plain circulate in Minardi territory  

Seriously.. Back in the day McLaren won 14 of 16 one season. Williams had it's straglehold in the '90s. I'll tell you what the big difference is: it's the tire war. Bridgestone/Ferrari have the advantage of really building tires specifically to Ferrari's liking, and most of the speed advantages gained year after year have come as the result of the tire war. If you take the Ferraris out of it, it's been a pretty damn good season with Williams, McLaren, and occasionally Renault, Sauber, and Jordan looking decent.

This bit about making the engines last a whole race weekend should throw a nice kink into it all  

If you lot want close F1 style racing look no further than CART. Next season it'll be a spec series, not that it really wasn't in the past with only 2-3 manufacturers.. But the racing will be tremendous if the teams don't all leave  

-Craig

Message 27/40             16-Sep-02  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Drop

Have you lot heard of girls?

Message 28/40             16-Sep-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

xoxos

you like clothes shopping, drop?

Message 29/40             16-Sep-02  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

milan

and girls do like fast cars. they might claim otherwise...

Message 30/40             17-Sep-02  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Breakerbox

no man, you got it wrong, hoes like fastcars. Not all the girls are that shallow.

Message 31/40             17-Sep-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Breakerbox

I saw that char-g R/C , i was gonna get one for my friend as a birthday present and one for myself to race.

I dont like drag racing and the who import racing hersm because its not racing, people poor money into their cars thats all, none of them are good drivers, just yesterday they hit a van and killed the driver. Ad all they do is just go in a straight line.. whats the fun in that... It would be fun if all the cars were closely matched and depended on driver skills not just HP, you know driving skills like, braking, cornering, where a good front/rear weight bias is actually taken to consideration and people who drive tha car know about weight transfer... IF those people were into "real" racing they wouldnt have 200 pounds of stereo equipment in the car! Its all a small penis issue really when people tr to race their "hopped up" cars on the public roads with other people driving... Now i am just bitching... anyways, What my point was i am gonna build a kit car with space frame chasis and Mustang hardware, with a 60s shelby fiberglass body, it suppose to get to 0-60 (0 100 km for the euros) under 4.6 seconds, and thats with out any modea with the standard 5.0 mustang engine, fix efi, put some camshafts, ma be new cylinders, better ignition and the suspension upgrade 0-60 is goes under 4 second and it can pul 1.1 s on the skid pad.... that would be fun to drive... and take it to couple races..(its gonna be daily driver.. i dont have too much money) Hey K wanna sponser me?
if anyon interested, this the car by the way
http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/coupe/performance/perform.html

Message 32/40             18-Sep-02  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

milan

drag racing? whats fun about watching men in skirts race?

iŽll get me coat...

Message 33/40             18-Sep-02  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Psylichon

I'd rather watch paint dry.

Then peel.

psylichon

Message 34/40             18-Sep-02  @  06:49 AM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

influx

"Chuckle.... Influx, You play GOLF? "

yup. bout a 10 or so. Lowest round 75 on a pretty tough course

I dont look the part tho. I get stared at a lot with the tattoos and sometimes bleached hair

Message 35/40             18-Sep-02  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

xoxos

hah! you should see how hard they try *not* to look when i'm parking my giant flying destructobot.

Message 36/40             18-Sep-02  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Deano

Sorry for laughing, Influx, but the idea of the underground dance musician playing golf struck me as funny. Maybe not so much in the US, but here it is the most conservative and middle-aged of sports. They still don't allow women in the club house at some clubs here. Anyway I can't take a sport seriously where the ball isn't moving when you hit it.

Message 37/40             18-Sep-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Maarten

http://www.speedstacks.com/videos/emily.htm

If golf gets to slow & dull for you...

Message 38/40             18-Sep-02  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

influx

Sorry for laughing, Influx, but the idea of the underground dance musician playing golf struck me as funny. Maybe not so much in the US, but here it is the most conservative and middle-aged of sports. They still don't allow women in the club house at some clubs here. Anyway I can't take a sport seriously where the ball isn't moving when you hit it.

actually....there are punks and skaters and all sorts of people play here

I dont mind the giggle because it IS funny, and golf IS kinda lame on a certain level, but it is the single most difficult endeavor I have ever picked up, in terms of complexity and the difficulty of hitting that ball that is, yes, standing still

so...if something gets props simply for being difficult, golf is it for sure. and...something about hitting it RIGHT....just feels damn good

plus you get to walk in the park for 4+ hours. not bad for us vampires

Message 39/40             18-Sep-02  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

xoxos

my boss plays golf. he sort of looks like a blond cross between bob dobbs and the big boy. in other words, golf face.

Message 40/40             18-Sep-02  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Bloody Ferrari/Shitemacher...

Breakerbox

well you can always tyr to be a pro at golf if the whole nuskool breaks thing doesnt work out for ya, dave  

Viewing all 40 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)